Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thoughts Are Things - Part 40



The mind is the body of the self. 
The self shines through the mind 
and makes it function – so close and yet so far. 


To meditate successfully we must understand the mind 
‘The Mirror of Our Soul’  
Swami Durgananda


Amanda's Comment: I'm in awe of the simplicity of this wisdom, and astounded by the profound implications that have arisen - time to contemplate. If you have any insights and would like to share, I look forward to hearing your thoughts... Amanda 


To purchase the book 'Thought Are Things' & for information about Swami Durgananda go to:www.samatayoga.com.au
 
To read Swami's articles go to: http://samatasamashtidharma.blogspot.com.au/
or Enzine Articles: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Swami_Durgananda


1 comment:

  1. I think about this part of the quote:

    To meditate successfully we must understand the mind
    ‘The Mirror of Our Soul’

    I have heard about how the mind is a reflection of the soul, just like the body and one's living environment is as well. A messy life, a messy house equals a messy mind... so what is the condition of the soul in a messy life? Whatever state, how can it be in a happier, calmer, balanced state with all that mess?

    I think about all these questions and how my mind and attitude can be my friend and foe. It can help me function and live in this world, but if I don't look after myself and make good lifestyle choices, I can see how I can become a slave to it.

    What would my soul want me to do? I think it wants to me to be happy, for me to get to know myself, who I really am and live true to that.

    I know that meditation is the gateway for that type of life.

    Thank you for your post and for the opportunity to share.

    x

    ReplyDelete