Friday, August 17, 2012

Thoughts Are Things Part 8



The path to enlightenment 
is equilibrium in thought, word and deed.

True balance is not given it is attained.
Swami Durgananda

Amanda's Comment: 
When I think of equilibrium I think of an acrobat standing on a plank, balancing on a ball. The acrobat is ever focused, totally aware of each tiny shift in energy so as to counter act the effect and keep in a state of true balance. It takes courage and perseverance.

If you have any insights / comments and would like to share, I look forward to hearing your thoughts... Amanda 

For more information about Swami Durgananda go to:www.samatayoga.com.au 

To read Swami's articles on Enzine Articles go to: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Swami_Durgananda

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, yes this is very relevant to me right now.

    Last week I had a little melt down. I got completely overwhelmed during a time of big changes in my life (as well as pressures with study and due dates). Life felt very out of balance. My emotions felt more intense and I wanted to jump under the bed covers and hide. There was a point however that my mind clicked in and said "this is silly, you know things aren't that bad, slow down and be gentle with yourself, rest and then get on with it"

    ...well I didn't get the message quite so fast or clear, it took a night of misery, but I got there! I realised that I had a choice and my emotions don't dictate the quality of my life. It depends on the thoughts I feed my emotions and my attitude.

    If my thoughts, works and deeds are all based in self pity and self doubt, no good happens in my world. But I can see that it doesn't have to be this way. And peace won't just fall in my lap, I have to be discerning, realise I have choice, make a decision and act on it.

    Like a post my friend put on facebook the other day:

    It's not:
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

    It's:
    Good Things Come To Those Who Work Their Arses Off And Never Give Up!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments Kate, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete