Friday, August 3, 2012

Thoughts Are Things - Part 16

The physical plain of existence
is unfinished imperfect
So are you. 
Swami Durgananda


Amanda's Comment: I have spent an extraordinary amount of my time and my energy striving to be perfect...  if I didn't succeed at something I saw myself as a failure. 

I would punish myself for not being perfect - quiet often the first time I tried something. Then I wouldn't try it again, for fear of failure.

People would say to me 'you're your own worst enemy' -I didn't really understand what that meant, even thought I could punish myself for years after I had experienced a failure. 

Basically I was living a small life, only doing the things I was comfortable doing or I believed I could succeed in and avoiding everything else... I wasn't even aware I was living my life like this because it was part of my conditioning and resided so deep within me.

Swami has taught me to look within, to get to know myself,  to be mindful, to keep focused on my goals, not to give in to myself and to be gentle with myself in the process. My challenge is to follow this excellent advice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts... 

For more information about Swami Durgananda go to: http://samatayoga.com.au


To read Swami's articles on Enzine Articles go to: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Swami_Durganand

No comments:

Post a Comment