Friday, August 3, 2012

Thoughts Are Things - Part 6


 Every thought is a manifestation of your hidden desires.
Control your thoughts and you will control your desires. 
Control your desires is to control your destiny.
Swami Durgananda



Amanda's Comment: 
So that's what Swami means when she says 'the future is up to you, its in your hands'...
 
I love Swamis teachings they are guiding steps to live life with purpose. 

Simple straight forward steps on how to take responsibility for your life... and  learn who you really are, not who you think you are.... 

It's not about whether its easy or hard or how long it takes -  its about being on the journey,  doing the best you can in each moment.....  

Looking forward to you sharing your thoughts... Amanda


For information about Swami Durgananda go to: http://samatayoga.com.au

To read Swami's articles on Enzine Articles
go to: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Swami_Durgananda

Comment from Kate January 5, 2012 10:11pm
Yes, I agree Srishti, and the quote " your future is in your hands" is not a cliche, I believe it to be so true.

Also aren't there something like millions of thoughts bopping around our head every day? Constant thoughts, chatter all day, the mind is full of thoughts. But I have noticed that sometimes my thoughts and words have needed some examining to see what my intention was behind them. Some thoughts and actions are almost on autopilot (like get to work, go to coffee shop, then ask myself "why am i getting a hot drink today? I don't even want one. Oh this is my habit and I get to say hi to the people in the cafe. Do I really need to buy and drink this drink?").

No comments:

Post a Comment